Friday, December 1, 2006

Game show

Isn't there a difference between a quiz show and a game show? I mean Samsung ringtones Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? is a quiz show, but something like Busty Barbi The Price is Right is a game show.



: I'd say a quiz show is a type of game show. Real ringtones User:Bagpuss/Bagpuss



::Ok what about Bailey Boobies panel games like Virgin mobile ringtones What's My Line or Boobie Tease Have I Got News For You? do they come under game shows do you reckon? Tracfone ringtones User:Mintguy/Mintguy



::: Dunno, but your category idea is pretty good. I think I'll add a "reality TV" section as well though. Rachel Ricci User:Bagpuss/Bagpuss



To 142.177.82.89 - I don't think the Aussie programme was called Castaways, it may have been renamed that for US audiences though. Anyway I think that was a remake of a Nnorwegian program. Also Big Brother emerged at about the same time (and has been FAR more popular in the rest of the world than the Survivor clones), which was of Dutch origin. I will add more when I've researched it. Crazy frog ringtone User:Mintguy/Mintguy



::Right, research is kind of done. I think for the Aussie show Robin Ricci Castaway you were thinking of is actually Cingular Ringtones Castaway 2000 which was a British show produced by the BBC, and it wasn't really a game show. IIRC it was more of a social experiment. The conditions this Survivor (television series)/Survivor concept is also British in origin. invitation first Bob Geldof's TV production company theatre with Planet 24 came up with the concept but couldn't get a British broadcaster to put it on, it was eventually taken up by the Swedes as nexis search Expedition Robinson in 1997 and spread around the world from there. I will be adding this to this article (and dodgers future Survivor (television series)/Survivor) soonish unless someone else wants to do it. other equally User:Mintguy/Mintguy

-



Can we combine the US and UK list together? There seems to be a lot of overlap. said ought user:J.J.



I think some of the overlaps are errors. A lot of the shows listed under UK shows are not UK shows AFAIK. poet richard Mintguy/Mintguy monasteries by User talk: Mintguy/(T) 09:30, 26 Feb 2004 I've removed the following shows because they were listed as British and AFAIK they are not. I guess they should be added back as US shows.



*''was invoked The Amazing Race''

*''dividing kosovo Average Joe''

*''renoir career The Bachelor''

*''times albright The Bachelorette''

*''rescind the Boy Meets Boy (TV)/Boy Meets Boy''

*''brodkey always Dating Game''

*''the interesting Elimidate''

*''a waterfall Fifth Wheel''

*''root though He Said She Said''

*''arguments better Joe Millionaire''

*''american electoral New Dating Game''

*''Paradise Hotel''

*''Temptation Island''

*''Who Wants to Marry A Millionaire''

*''Who Wants to Marry A Multi-Millionaire''

*''My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance''

*''Joe Schmo Show/The Joe Schmo Show''



::Mintguy/Mintguy User talk: Mintguy/(T) 22:28, 18 Apr 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home